Personal Injury Lawyer Jacksonville, Florida
Close to 98 million people visit emergency rooms across the U.S. each year because of accidental injuries. Many of these injuries are preventable, and they result from the negligence of another person or company. When this happens, it can leave victims with a long and costly recovery, and they might not know where to turn.
The law provides people in this situation with the right to seek compensation from liable parties. However, doing so can be a complicated process, and you need to focus on your medical treatment and physical recovery. This is why you should always seek help from an experienced Jacksonville injury attorney as soon as possible.
Our team at Varcadipane & Pinnisi, PC is ready to help, so please reach out for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation today. We can assess your rights and advise you whether you have a personal injury claim.
Why Choose Our Personal Injury Team in Jacksonville, FL?
When you choose Varcadipane & Pinnisi, PC, for your personal injury case, you are hiring a dedicated legal team you can trust. We handle a wide range of injury cases and understand that each claim is unique. We address your goals and concerns based on your specific circumstances and always seek the best possible outcome in every case we take on.
While past results are never an indication of future outcomes, our case results demonstrate our commitment to success for our clients, both in and out of the courtroom. Some injury case results we have achieved include:
- $3.5 million for a birth injury
- $1.1 million for construction accident injuries
- $1 million for permanent injuries from a defective stroller
- $850,000 for an injured victim of a drunk driver
- $750,000 for injuries due to medical malpractice
We have obtained verdicts and settlements that cover the losses of our clients, and we will bring the same resources and experience to your case. Consult with our team to learn more about our attorneys and legal services.
How We Help Injured Clients
After a personal injury, your focus should be on your healing and physical recovery. Navigating the legal process is challenging enough when you are in perfect health. We know you do not need any added concerns, so we relieve the stress of the legal process for you.
First, we can evaluate what happened and advise you of your legal rights and options. Then, we can provide guidance throughout every step of the legal process, including:
- Identifying who might be liable for your injuries
- Calculating the full value of your losses, so you are not shortchanged
- Prepare and file the appropriate insurance claims with all necessary supporting evidence and documents
- Handle all communications with insurance adjusters and adverse parties
- Review insurance settlement offers and advise you whether it is fair and sufficient
- Negotiate for additional compensation if you received an inadequate settlement offer
- Help you decide when it is time to escalate your claim to litigation
- Prepare and file personal injury lawsuits when necessary
- Handle every step of the litigation process, including ongoing settlement negotiations
- Represent you at trial if needed
With our personal injury lawyers on your side, you never have to wonder if the insurance company or another party is taking advantage of you.
Cases We Handle
Our skilled team of Jacksonville personal injury lawyers is qualified to handle any type of personal injury claim. We regularly work with clients injured in:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and falls
- Dog bites
- Product liability
- Birth injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
Many people do not know whether their accident and injuries qualify for a personal injury case. This determination is complex, and the best way to know is to discuss what happened with a member of our firm. Case evaluations are always free, and you have nothing to lose by learning about your options for filing an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Professional malpractice is the action or inaction by a professional that violates the generally accepted standard applicable to that professional’s practice. Types of professional malpractice include Medical Malpractice; Chiropractic Malpractice; Architectural Malpractice; and, Engineering Malpractice.
If you believe you have sustained a personal injury as a result of a professional’s malpractice, the law may entitle you to compensation.
To establish a claim for professional malpractice, you must prove that the professional in question:
- OWED THE PLAINTIFF A DUTY OF CARE – In professional negligence claims, the standard of care that is applicable refers to a similar professional of similar training in that location. Thus, a personal injury lawyer in Jacksonville is held to the standard of care of a lawyer in that location; a medical professional is held to the standard of that particular kind of medical professionals, such as that of a certifying board, in that location.
- BREACH THAT DUTY OF CARE – Generally, two tests are used to determine whether the duty of care was breached. The “foreseeability test” looks to determine whether the professionals should have known that their actions would result in damages to the plaintiff. The “multifactor tests” evaluate several factors to determine whether the defendant deviated from the applicable professional standard of care. These factors can include the nature and severity of the personal injuries, other options the defendant could have employed and their costs, and whether safer or less harmful options were available to the defendant.
- BREACH CAUSED THE PLAINTIFF’S INJURY – The plaintiff must be able to prove that “but for” the failure to meet the applicable standard of professional care, the damages would not have occurred.
Plaintiff Suffered Damages from the Injury – The plaintiff must be able to establish actual damages to recover on a professional malpractice claim. As the Appellate Court stated in 2019, the plaintiff cannot satisfy this requirement by “mere conjecture, surmise, or suspicion.” Specifics are required.
Around these, you may find yourself as a victim of:
- CAR ACCIDENTS
- SLIP & FALLS
- DOG BITES
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
- CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENTS
- MEDICAL MALPRACTICE
- BIRTH-RELATED INJURIES
- WRONGFUL DEATH
- DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
- DANGEROUS PRODUCTS
- PROFESSIONAL MALPRACTICE
Jacksonville Statute of Limitations for Injury Cases
Suppose you’ve been injured in a slip-and-fall accident, a car wreck, or another incident where another person’s negligence caused you injury. In that case, you could be considering filing a personal injury claim in Jacksonville’s civil court system. If so, it’s important to understand the statute of limitations for Jacksonville personal injury cases. A statute of limitations is a law that places a strictly-enforced time limitation on your right to file a personal injury lawsuit in a Jacksonville court.
Two years is the time limit for filing Jacksonville personal injury claims. Whether you were injured due to negligence or whether your injury was caused by an intentional tort, two years is the deadline for filing most types of personal injury lawsuits in Florida. When another individual’s careless or intentional behavior causes damage to you, and you want to file a claim for damages in a Jacksonville court, you only have two years to file a complaint and any necessary documentation. The clock starts ticking after the date of your accident.
“There is nothing our firm takes more seriously than fiercely advocating for our clients in a manner that makes them feel confident and informed at all times. We are not striving to be the biggest law firm for our practice areas but we do aim to be the best.”